Sunday, November 13, 2011

Lessons learned

You know those days when you would swear your children are not paying attention and you KNOW that nothing is being retained as you talk to them? 

I knew you would.


As a parent, things happen that you don't always want to share...whether it be a mistake you make or a big whopper your kid gets into, sometimes you just want those less appealing moments of parenthood to go away.


Well, I had one a few weeks age but I am going to share because the end result is...well...wonderful!


A few weeks ago, I was taking Ty and Noah somewhere in the van and all of a sudden from the back seat I hear the dreaded words that most parents cringe and dread. "MOM! Noah just stuck up his middle finger at me!"


Okay. So, first, Ty didn't even know what that meant but knew it wasn't nice.
Second, Noah has no clue what it means either. 
Third, one more reason sending your kids to school sucks!


Sorry. I digress.


"What?!?! Noah I can't believe you did that! Why in the world would you do that? You are grounded! Spankings all around."
                          Is what I wanted to say.


"Noah. That isn't nice at all. I don't ever want to see that again." Is how I really responded. 
But his response very nonchalant "k."
 So I said, "I don't think you understand. This is a better-ask-Jesus-to-forgive-me-now kind of bad. So you probably need to pray right now and ask Him to forgive you." And immediately the tears roll. 


Flash forward to this past week. You see, when Donny was younger he cut the tip of his index finger off and when the weather starts to get dryer and cooler, it chaps and cracks. In the van the other day, Donny was messing with the touch screen in the van and used his middle finger to tap on the screen. He said that Noah told him he's not supposed to use that finger and "you'd better not let mom catch you using that finger."


Lesson learned. 


Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment