Monday, January 5, 2015

Understanding...

This life is full of things that we do not understand. We study, we strive, we contemplate, we meditate and yet, there are so many things beyond our ability to grasp. 

That can be really hard to swallow. 

I love what Psalm 131 says. 
LORD, my heart is not proud; my eyes are not haughty. I don’t concern myself with matters too great or too awesome for me to grasp. Instead, I have calmed and quieted myself, like a weaned child who no longer cries for its mother’s milk. Yes, like a weaned child is my soul within me. (Psalms 131:1-2 NLT)

We face struggles and trials and beg to understand the reasons why and question the purpose it will have in our lives. Sometimes we figure it out. Sometimes we don't. 

I saw commercial for a TV show the other day...the main character is a young woman battling cancer. The segment I saw, the young woman said, "Maybe it's not about finding a reason. It's trusting that there is one."
That hit me. Hard. The truth in that statement is huge. It all comes down to faith. 
Faith is the confidence that what we hope for will actually happen; it gives us assurance about things we cannot see. (Hebrews 11:1 NLT)

I simply want to trust Him more and more as I journey this life, confident in where His leading me and my family. Confident that He will accomplish what He plans and that I will not disappoint Him. 


No comments:

Post a Comment