Friday, December 10, 2010

Confessions

I have to admit something. I know by making this confession I run the risk of all sorts of comments telling me how wrong it is for me to feel the way I do.
That being said, here I go...

I don't really care for Nativities.

There. I said it. I feel better getting that off of my chest. And I don't feel bad for saying it.
I can't explain why I feel this way I just do. I've seen some that are very nice but more often than not the ones I see are...well....not so great. Another downside is most are not kid friendly. I am fearful of pieces being broken. I mean, who wants to admit that they broke baby Jesus or wounded an Angel?

As a Christian, though, I get the symbolism they hold and the joy that they should bring us.

So, for the next few days, I will be showing you the Nativities I have in my house.

Tonight is Nativity #1 and quite possibly my favorite.
The Very Veggie Nativity
On the top of the stable scene is Laura Carrot as the Angel. When you press her head, the star lights up and she sings a portion of O Little Town of Bethlehem. It's so sweet!




Then you have the Three Kings, Larry the Cucumber, Pa Grape and Mr. Lunt. 3 of my FAVORITE veggies. I can imagine the whole scene with their voices.



These guys go undercover. The Squash are really...
A cow. How cute is that I ask? And see that little Shepherd boy? That's Junior Asparagus. I'm not sure it getting any cuter.





Oh wait, the baby Jesus is a baby carrot. Just got cuter!






By the way, Christmas is only 15 days away. 

WHO CAN STAND THE EXCITEMENT!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment