Sunday, March 6, 2011

Going without and other thoughts for the day.

Ever had to go without something? Ever chosen to go without something? 

For the next 21 days, our church is doing a 21 Day Fast. This is such a neat thing to participate in. The entire church from the kids on up have a part in this. 

I love the kids set up. They get a weekly calendar with daily scripture readings and what they are to fast for the day.

The youth and adults have journals. 

Working with the youth, Donny and I decided we would participate in their fasting. Today marks day one and the fast is video games. Now, aside from a few apps on the iPod and Wii fit, I don't do video games. I have given those up though. And since that is all, I have opted to fast Facebook for the day. (I will post a link to this blog but that is through Blogger so I am really not getting on facebook, see?)

The purpose of this fasting and prayer time is to seek out God; to draw ever closer to Him and find His unfolding plan and will for our church. We know that without vision people parish. The goal is to be in a place at the end of 21 days that we can, as a church, see what the vision for First Assembly of God is. It's an exciting time to be a part of what's going on!! Change is not always easy but it is mostly good! 

Other thoughts:
Noah is having trouble with the concept of rhyming. So today while we took a ride in the van, we talked about words that rhyme. Poor thing. He wants to do more of a word association than rhyme. It ended up with him telling us words and we would say the rhyming words. He would say things like road and I would say "toad". To which he would laugh in hysterics.  Or he would say "bed" and I said, "Fred" and he replied, "Mom! There's a Fred on Scooby Doo!" And then came things like alligator, power line, crocodile, McDonald's and such. Oh Lord help me. 

I am so ready for Spring. I love the winter and all the snow but this year I am beyond done with it all! I want the nice, warmer days to come and I am ready to head over to Busch Stadium for a Cardinal's game with a wonderful pretzel and cheese and some peanuts! I can't wait for bike rides and going to the park. 

And lastly, is this simple thought of reassurance tapping at the back of my brain. What a wonderful thought to have. Here it is,

Philippians 4:19 (Amplified Bible)19And my God will liberally supply ([a]fill to the full) your every need according to His riches in glory in Christ Jesus.

No comments:

Post a Comment