Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Oh my.

It sure has been a while. Life has been pretty busy with the holidays and the boys being home for break and then school starting back up and me trying to find my mind....which I lost around the holidays hence the lack of blogging.
But no worries! I have found parts of it and believe that the blogging fun can resume.

It resumes today with the sharing of a recipe. I made something last night and posted about it in my Facebook status. I had several people ask for the recipe. I just wish I had taken pictures of it as I went because pictures make cooking so much more fun and easy in my opinion.

Anyway, it's super easy!!! I made Mac & Cheese soup. Yes this is a Pampered Chef recipe from the Main Dishes cookbook that is no longer in print.
So here's what you need:
  • 1(14 oz) box of deluxe macaroni and cheese
  • 1 cup of chopped broccoli
  • 1/2 cup onion, choppedd
  • 1 can of condensed cheddar cheese soup
  • 1 cup of water
  • 2 1/2 cups milk
  • 1 cup of cubed ham
  1. Cook macaroni according to package directions in a 4 qt casserole/pot; drain and set aside.
  2. Meanwhile, chop broccoli and onion using food chopper. ( I realize that you may not have it but I can help you with that! lol)
  3. Combine broccoli, onion and water in casserole. Bring to a boil; cook 2 minutes. Do not drain.
  4. Stir in cooked macaroni, cheese sauce from pouch, milk, cheese soup and ham. Return to a boil stirring occasionally. Ladle soup into 6 bowls.
Yield: 6 servings

This was very good! My boys ate it up :)

Hope your family enjoys as well!

No comments:

Post a Comment