Sunday, January 13, 2013

Wrecked heart=open heart

Saturday nights, my church offers a time to come together and intimately worship The Lord, fellowship with great people from several churches and to be challenged. God wrecked my heart tonight. During worship, I quickly had to grab my iPad because God was laying some thoughts on me...

We sit around and complain and shout that this world is a wreck because God has been removed from the classroom. But I guarantee that students all over our country talk with God while they are at school. He doesn't have to be taught from behind a Teacher's desk! No! The issue is that His people have grown complacent and unwilling to fight the battles! Unwilling to stand in the face adversity. Too quick to pass blame. Too quick to make excuses!  I am sick of the pitiful excuse of "no prayer in school'! A relationship with God is as much caught as it is taught! We have got to live it out! We have got to stop giving only lip service! He deserves more. Your family deserves more. Your church deserves more. GOD DESERVES MORE! This world is so lost and unfortunately we are seeing the same attitude in the church! No more excuses. No more blame unless we are looking in the mirror first. I can do nothing about the heart of the person next me unless I first take care of my own. When will we take some responsibility ourselves? When will we stop and realize that the church no longer has the same influence because it has allowed others to influence it? 

Paul says it best.


But my life is worth nothing to me unless I use it for finishing the work assigned me by the Lord Jesus—the work of telling others the Good News about the wonderful grace of God. (Acts 20:24 NLT)

Yet preaching the Good News is not something I can boast about. I am compelled by God to do it. How terrible for me if I didn’t preach the Good News! (1 Corinthians 9:16 NLT)


No comments:

Post a Comment