Wednesday, May 5, 2010

A week? Really?

It's crazy to think that at this time last week I was being transferred from a Labor/Delivery room with my 3 1/2 hours old baby to a Mom and Baby suite at Anderson Hospital.

It's insane that my baby is already a week old! This week went by so fast and I am realizing how much faster life will seem to slip by while my 3 boys grow up.

Ty turned 7 just 2 days before Colby was born and is at his first baseball game of the season right now. No  more t-ball...NOPE! We are officially playing coach-pitch baseball.

Noah graduates from preschool next week and will start kindergarten in August.

Before I know it Colby will be crawling around and I will wonder where time went.


Through all this I am reminded that my life is going to be filled with busyness. It's going to be filled with "stuff" that I consider important. But I wonder how important that "stuff" is in the big picture of my life?
It makes me think that each day is a gift from my heavenly Father that I should be using to the fullest! I should be taking joy and pride in my family and friends. I should be taking every opportunity I have to love those around me and to share the love of Christ with all I come in contact with.

When asked which commandment is the most important, Jesus answered to love God and to love others.

I want to be the wife that I am supposed to be...to love my husband unconditionally and be his helpmate through this life as he is mine. To walk aside each other in unity and submission to one another out of love and respect.

I want to be the  mom I'm called to be. I want to be all that God has ordained for me to be!! I need His help though. I am not too proud to say that I can't do it alone.

I want to be all that God desires me to be. I don't want time to slip by and one day ask myself what I did. I want to be able to say that I made the most of every day that I am given.

So, yeah, it's really been a week.

No comments:

Post a Comment