Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Consider it joy.

When you go through hard times, how do you handle them?

Do you remain strong in the face of adversity? Are you the type to cling to your faith? Do you surround yourself with a hedge of support like family and friends? Do you panic? Do you run for the hills screaming? Do you react in more than one way?


James 1:2-4 says:
2Consider it pure joy, my brothers, whenever you face trials of many kinds, 3because you know that the testing of your faith develops perseverance. 4Perseverance must finish its work so that you may be mature and complete, not lacking anything.

It's so easy to fall apart when you face trials. We don't always understand why we go through things.
I am sitting here this morning, frustrated with the hospital at the moment and searching my brain for how to handle this. The one thing I know is that God is in control. When I stop trying to figure things out on my own and take that to heart, I find myself relaxing in His presence. I find myself resting in His arms.
And that's all I need to get through. I remember the old song, "My God is big. My God is mighty. There's nothing my God cannot do."

No comments:

Post a Comment