Thursday, April 22, 2010

Family

There's nothing like family. 


Whether good times or...not so good times...they are the ones who are always there. Even when they are mad, hurt, grieving, celebrating, far away or right around the corner, they are the ones you know you can count and depend on.

Perfect? Not at all. A family is made up of humans. The only human I know of who was perfect is sitting at the right hand of his Father on pins and needles to have the LARGEST family reunion ever imagined :)

My family is a legacy. The heritage of my family is rich and full of faith and love. The heritage of my family is strength and priorities.

One of the things I cherish the most is the importance of God in my family. And it goes beyond church. It's a lifestyle that was lived out and exemplified by my parents to show us that God does love and care for us. Things weren't always easy. Yes, we faced some hard times. Just because you love God and God loves you doesn't make things 100%  hunky dory :) But having that love of God in my life and lived out before me in real ways made the hard times that much less difficult.

I love my parents for making church a priority. I don't resent them for "making" me go to church. I love them for it.

I hope that one day my children will look at Donny and me and say the same things. That would be the ultimate legacy to leave behind.

No comments:

Post a Comment