Saturday, April 3, 2010

Happy Easter Eve

Today was a busy day! Not good for swollen feet but all worth it.
The day started with me making homemade donuts!


MMMM....thank Pioneer Woman for posting the fantastic recipe that I used. The boys and Donny each ate 3 or 4 for breakfast and then we had some for dessert :)

PawPaw (Donny's Dad) came over and built Easter Bunny nests with the boys...well that's the annual plan but Noah was uncooperative and refused to help build his. I will post pictures tomorrow after the EB has been by and left his eggs ;)

Mammy/Grammy (my Mom) made chicken and dumplings for dinner so we went over there and enjoyed some family time. The boys, Colby included, were given their Easter gifts and we dyed eggs.
Now, I don't readily admit this because it makes me feel like a horrible mother but, we have never dyed eggs with the boys...I know, I know...many of you are gasping at the Easter fun that I have withheld from my children but I will be honest, I just knew I wouldn't have had the patience. Being at my parents and doing it all as a big family was so much more fun and we decided that it is going to become a family Easter tradition. That makes me happy! I love family traditions. Makes great memories for kids. The boys did great and had a blast doing it.

On the way home Noah was looking out the window and said, "Mom, did you know Jesus put the stars out?" I said, "He did?" He told me "Look out your window at the sky. Do you see them? Jesus put the stars out tonight." :o) I love that!

I am going to church for the first time in over a month tomorrow morning for our Sunrise Service at 7 am...I am looking forward to being at church on Resurrection Sunday but I am not looking forward to the early morning! Seeing as it is now 11:06 pm I really think I should end this babble and head to bed.

I pray you and your family have a blessed Easter! Enjoy your time together and don't forget the reason for it all....HE IS RISEN!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment