Friday, April 2, 2010

Today's focus....

I was hoping to have something fun and witty about my family to share but this day has been a disaster from the get go. Children who are behaving the worst I have seen in a long time, woke up with a headache, swelling is quite painful and I am a tad emotional (sure it's a combo of all of the above).
So instead, I'd like to take a minute to refocus on what today is. Today is Good Friday. Today is the day that Jesus was betrayed by a dear friend, rejected by those whom he loved and had said just a week before that they loved him, beaten, bruised, humiliated and ultimately murdered because he knew that one day I would need him and his forgiveness and grace and mercy just to make it through.
As a Christian, this weekend means even more to me than Christmas. It's the time that we remember the sacrifice both Father and Son made for every person throughout time. As a parent I can't imagine letting my son go through crucifixion. As a mom I can't imagine Mary's torment as she watched her son be brutally murdered.
BUT, today is not where this story ends. Oh no. This day was just the beginning. You see, after giving up his spirit, Jesus spent some time in Hell taking back the keys to sin and death! No more do these things have to have a hold on my life! After 3 days, Sunday came and all Hell trembled! CHRIST AROSE!
There are so many songs running through my mind right now....Sunday by Tree63, Can't Keep a Good Man Down by Newsong, Mary Did You Know by Mark Lowery, Jesus Messiah and Come Home Running by Chris Tomlin, We Are The Reason by Avalon....there are so many more.
So I can sit here and be all depressed that my children were acting like animals. I can sit here and get all bummed that I am swollen. I can allow myself to dwell in the pit of self pitty. Or I can choose to rejoice that my Heavenly Father loved me enough more than 2000 years ago to give his son as a ransom for my life. I am not worthy. I don't deserve such love. But I was given it anyway :) Hallelujah! Dying for me was the most he could do...Living for him is the least I can do.
It's so simple. Nothing could be easier. Jesus, I am a sinner and I need your help. I believe that you died on the cross and rose again. I confess that I messed up, there are commandments that I have broken. BUT thank you for your love and forgiveness. Come live in my heart and guide my steps. Help me to fully rely on you. I love you so much, Jesus. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment