Sunday, April 11, 2010

So I can't do it all.

When you are having a third child and you live in a house that only has 2 bedrooms you must build on or move. Our option is to add a room. We have the best of intentions and things planned and then bed rest came into play.
Donny had no choice but to take care of the house (as best he could), care for the boys, cook, laundry, shop...you know, the normal day to day things that have to happen in a household. Needless to say the addition preparation got put on hold.

Well, we are at a point now that we really can't wait any longer and I had a complete meltdown on Friday over it. My parents offered to keep the boys Friday night so that I could get things done on Saturday because I told them that I "know I can get things done if I don't  have the distraction of the boys to interrupt me."

Boy was I wrong! I did manage to get some clothes sorted through and into a tote. I did a couple loads of laundry and I was DONE! My back hurt and my feet were swollen and hurting...I was really disappointed in myself. You may think I am being too harsh but it's the truth. I really wanted to be able to get things done. Unfortunately, that just wasn't going to happen.

My mom offered to call some friends and come over to help me get things done and while I appreciate that offer, I know that I am way to obsessive compulsive/anal retentive to accept that...right or wrong, I am afraid I would become a horrible person to those trying to help because I wouldn't be able to just sit and let them. That and the area that needs to be cleaned is....well...ummmm.......yeah.....

I am also learning that it probably doesn't hurt for me to realize that I need to admit when I need help and to accept it. It was so nice that my parents took my children for 2  nights this weekend so that I could even try to get things done. 
But I can't do it all...so I did what I could. 

Sorry things weren't more interesting :)

No comments:

Post a Comment